Thursday, June 14, 2007

Even more psych fun...

Consults are a blast. Seriously. Although quite disturbing at times. Below are a few select quotes from ONE of my patients (I met him in the private hospital ER, believe it or not; he came into the medicine ER voluntarily to report an assault):

"I solved Tupac Shakur's murder. And now Aaliyah's family's hired me to figure out what happened to her."

"I'm a prophet. I saw Hurricane Katrina in my mind before it happened."

"They're following me. And physically and sexually assaulting me. It's happened in Plano and Richardson and Dallas. They're outside in the parking lot right now." (Note: no evidence of physical harm of any kind...or of weird men in the parking lot. He also provided us with a list of license plate numbers of "them." He would not tell us who "they" were.)

"You've got to help me find my daughter. They've taken her. She's not my biological child but I've given off so much of my DNA in searching for her that now she's my biological daughter."

"That woman (a woman he is very preoccupied with and talked about throughout the interview) is a false prophetess. Do you know what that is? An evil lesbian prophetess. She steals men's male energy and has orgies and makes the little children watch. She killed all those little children. And now I'm going to leave here and hunt her down and kill her. Kill her legally. 'Cause that just ain't right."

For that last comment, he earned himself an involuntary stay at the psych hospital. So sad...but a great learning experience.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Alli, you don't want to be a psychiatrist after all that? sounds really interesting. You could write a bunch of books out of that material :)

Read my latest blog post. maybe it will persuade you to view one of my fave television shows :)

love,
Anna