Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thanksgiving in SoCal

Anna and I were so tired after driving back to San Diego from Disneyland (well, Anna drove...) that we slept in a bit on Thanksgiving. We also splurged financially at Disney (pretty much the nature of the beast)...so no fancy turkey dinner for us. Plus, I was getting really sick with a cold at that point. All of those things considered, we decided to have a really laid back, simple day. We went to Whole Foods and had a little Thanksgiving lunch (actually a chicken pesto panini) and then chilled at the beach. The beach was so very pretty...and the weather was lovely.

Then we took a much needed nap. My cold was getting worse and kind of hampered the rest of our vacation, but Anna was a great sport. That evening we proceeded to drive around for an hour to try to find a cheap food place that was open...we ended up stopping (and waiting in a long drive thru line) at Del Taco, which is pretty much one step down from Taco Bell. They serve tacos with french fries. Awesomeness. Seriously, though, Anna and I thought it was pretty funny at the time. What made it even better is that the Del Taco was about two minutes from our hotel. Ha.

I flew back to Dallas yesterday, and now I'm at my apartment nursing my cold. Ugh. But the vacation was great, and Anna was so fun to travel with. She was so sweet about doing most of the driving and had a great attitude during our little mishaps. I'll think back on this week fondly when I'm trudging away next intern year. Happy Thanksgiving, friends!

1 comment:

chaeli said...

Hey i'm just now looking at your blog since before Christmas. I like the new design. It's chic and funky at the same time. cool. i love your blog. it's more like a very current newsletter on your life. good work. looks like you and anna had fun in CA!