Thursday, January 17, 2008

Done with interviews!

I had my last interview here in Dallas last Thursday. Children's is, of course, a wonderful place...a lot of my pediatrics heroes work there. Now the hard part begins...I now have to decide how to order my rank list. (And no, the blogosphere is not going to find out who I'm ranking number one...) It's kind of funny talking about residency application stuff on my blog, since some of the chief residents and program directors have actually read it. But I know that they understand that this is a hard decision for all of us to make.

Anyway, right now I'm a TA in the first year med student cell biology lab. It's really a blast. I just love to teach...hopefully I'll be able to incorporate teaching into my career somehow.

I'm also going to be in the Multicultural Show here at medical school...I'll be dancing in an all-girls Bollywood dance. My Indian pals are so sweet to let a very tall, very white, slightly awkward gal dance with them. It's so fun. I can't wait for the show...it's on February 29th...you should come if you are in town!!!!

My life is pretty sweet until the last week of February...then my month in the PICU (pediatric intensive care unit) begins. I'm totally nervous already.

I'll try to update more often...my life is just kind of boring right now. Oh, one more thing...congrats to our stellar future ophthalmologists! They matched today and did quite well, I heard.

No comments: