Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I heart Sarah... :)


Last weekend, my old roommate and dear, dear friend Sarah came to visit. It was so wonderful to see her. We didn't do anything super exciting...we went hiking, played in the snow, saw a movie...but it was great just to hang out with her and catch up. I think one of the hardest parts of moving and starting intern year has been making friends. I'm kind of shy at first, and a little hard to get to know...and yet, like everyone else, I long to be known. I had such a great group of friends in medical school; we grew pretty close over the four years. None of us had to worry about being cool or impressing each other. It was such a comfortable feeling. Here, despite the many awesome people I know (like my fabulous co-interns!!!), I don't feel that just yet. And I certainly haven't made things easy...I've been a bit of a recluse. I am not very good at change.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that it was great having Sarah here. And I may have cried after she left. Ha. I'm turning into such a wimp.

1 comment:

Leslie Hutchins said...

I am glad that Sarah was able to visit. I hope your presentation went well. It is actually getting to be nice weather here in Virginia. I am hoping it continues so I can plant the rest of my vegetable garden!