Thursday, April 30, 2009

Irene and Allison's Excellent Misadventure...

First of all, I have to say that I had a blast when Irene and Shirley were in town. What sweet friends. Anyway, Irene and I dropped Shirley off at the airport and then set off for a little walk on an urban trail on the edge of town. A little walk because it was almost dark. Then, curiosity got the best of us, and we explored a little ravine on the other side on the trail. It was very pretty.

By the time we hiked out of the ravine, we were on the other side of a very large highway separating us from my apartment. So, even though my apartment was about a half-mile away, we had no idea how to get there. Then...Irene's iPhone with GPS saves the day!

We were facing a little three mile walk to get us back to my apartment, so we'd be back after dark. But it's a safe neighborhood, so whatever. But then we started off in the wrong direction...which I didn't figure out until about twenty minutes later when I noticed the numbers were going the wrong way. Ooops. By the time we got home from our little walk, it was 3 hours after we set out. Here's our route:


Anyway...our little mini-hike up Ensign Point the next day...and then up a little higher for a great view of the city...proved more successful.



I miss my friends already! Heart.

1 comment:

Leslie Hutchins said...

I'm so glad Irene & Shirly got to see you and you guys had a great time. How are things going?