Saturday, September 1, 2007

new girl crush and sub-I update

OK, this chick is awesome. Her name's Marie Digby, and she's earned a degree of fame especially in SoCal (according to my sis) for these awesome covers of other people's songs on YouTube. They are really fantastic. Plus, she does write her own music. And she's beautiful. I think we'll be hearing a lot more from her in the future.

Some of my favorites:



Her cover of James Morrison's "You Give Me Something"



Her cover of Incubus's "Love Hurts"



The one that made her famous...believe it or not, the cover of Rihanna's "Umbrella"

On a completely different note, I survived my second call on my pediatrics subinternship. Really challenging, but I'm having a good time. My residents are fantastic and really treat me like a member of the team. I almost feel like an intern! And I got to do a lumbar puncture (spinal tap) on a 4 week old baby. It went really well! Now I'm not afraid of doing them...I kind of was before.

I'm tired! Five more calls this month. The kiddos rock, though. Yay, peds!

Post call, I managed to finish and submit my residency application, which was an exciting moment.

No comments: