Friday, October 26, 2007

Blogging from Seattle!

Hi, folks! Well, my first interview is done! Only seven more to go. I meant to have a little photo journal of my travels...but I left my camera battery at home! Bummer...especially since Seattle is in it's full fall glory and not a cloud in the sky since I've been here. Gorgeous.

Washington's program is absolutely fantastic. Wow. Everyone I met was super-nice and passionate about children and about their program. And the resident I interviewed with is a fellow Christian (they SO set that up on purpose, which is just cute)...he talked with me about the challenges and awesome rewards of moving to a place where you are the "spiritual minority." So great. Also, fantastic curriculum, diverse patient population, gorgeous hospital...and the residents call the attendings by their first names!

This experience has made me really excited to visit the rest of programs. :) If only I had photos to put up...

3 comments:

Stuart said...

Truly unfortunate that you don't have pics for your adoring public...tsk, tsk... (joking)

Glad your first interview went well; it sounds like the program's a good one! Good luck with the rest!

Leslie Hutchins said...

Sounds like the program is a great one....and they would only be better if they matched you! Best of luck on all your interviews, you will do great!

P.S. Are you and your sister interviewing at different places?

Leslie

TK said...

Allison, glad to hear your first interview went well. I am headed up to Virginia Mason in Seattle for a prelim medicine interview in early December.