Monday, November 19, 2007

California Trip Days 1-2

OK...so San Diego is AWESOME. I flew in yesterday, met up with my dear friend Anna, and then just went to my hotel room to chill before my interview. Today, I went on my interview...I really like San Diego's program, too! They have an incredible community peds emphasis, a fantastic patient population and really cool residents. The program has a very different feel from Seattle, but I like both places. Plus, San Diego is actually quite a bit more driveable than I thought (though I'm still letting Anna do most of the driving this week...). Cost of living is still quite high, though.

After my interview, Anna and I went to La Jolla...so pretty and fun. And funny at times...Anna did chase a bird with her video camera. I love hanging out with her because we don't really have to catch up or do anything intentionally fun. We can just goof around and chill. I've posted pictures are below.



The La Jolla coastline.



Me enjoying some delicious (and low cal!) gelato.



More pretty La Jolla.



Awww...me and lil' Anna.



Uh...I got a little too excited about the candy shop...but yum!



And then we ended the night at this sweet little Italian place. We even ate outside because the weather is so great here. And the food was delicious!

We're going up to Pasadena tomorrow...Anna's going to visit a seminary. More later!

2 comments:

Leslie Hutchins said...

I am glad your interview went well and you are getting to see a bit of California as well. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving. I am going to be gone in December from the 2nd until the 21st. Maybe we can get together sometime after the Christmas holidays.

Leslie

Anna said...

That gelato was so amazing. I want to eat that EVERY DAY. Yum...pistachio and, um, something else. Some berry.